Bokashi = Happy Soil & Healthy Plants
As we come to better understand that soil, the world beneath our feet is a living ecosystem, we want to do what we can to help it thrive.
There's a better way to grow: without using chemicals or synthetic nutrients. There's a different way to compost: indoor, anerobic "bokashi" compost that you can use to help build soil.
Our Bokashi Bran is a mixture of natural materials and naturally occuring microorganisms, with each batch crafted by hand & fermented in Northern Michigan.Learn more Shop
Break down your food scraps quickly & naturally!
Create a nutrient-rich soil with Bokashi composting. Ferment food waste quickly, easily, and odor-free with Bokashi Bran.
Harness the power of natural bacteria and microbes
Bokashi Bran is an easy way to compost food waste and give your soil a nutrient-rich boost! Get started now and watch your garden come to life.
Ferment your scraps in just days, rather than weeks or months
Turn your food waste into a natural fertilizer for your garden with Bokashi Bran's special microbial blend. Get the most out of your soil in the least amount of time.
Common Bokashi Bran uses:
Did you know you can sprinkle Bokashi Bran over your seed starts? Get your soil right the first time with Bokashi Bran.
Growers building their own craft soil blends find that adding Bokashi Bran to their soil mix to increases soil fertility and overall plant health.
No-till - JADAM - KNF - Organic farmers top-dressing dry nutrients and/or compost use Bokashi Bran to speed up nutrient cycling allowing established plants to get the nutrition they need.
Safely manage a "compost system" indoors when using Bokashi Bran. A simple 5 gallon bucket setup, sealed lid, and Bokashi Bran is all you need to get started.
Food scraps that would otherwise go to a landfill can now be used to add nutrition back into your own soil! As food scraps go into the bucket, a sprinkle of Bokashi Bran is all you need to start the fermentaion process. Finished food scraps can be referred to as "bokashi" or "bokashi compost".
Once your bucket is full, the contents (Bokashi compost) can be add to existing compost pile or trenched into the soil to finish the compost process.
Try it today!
Indoor composting? Limited space? Bokashi Bran can help.
Bokashi Bran contains a benefical microbial community that quickly and safely begins to break down organic materials.
Useful for all types of gardeners!
- Shelf stable and easy to use
- Bokashi Bran is shelf stable and easy to use, making it perfect for gardeners of all types. Whether you're a novice or a pro, Bokashi Bran will help you unlock the potential of your soil!
- Keep your cannabis plants healthy and thriving
- Bokashi Bran is perfect for indoor composting, and helps to cycle nutrients and increase fertility. This makes it valuable for indoor cannabis gardening, where you need to be especially careful about the health of your plants.
- Reduce odors around pets and animals
- Bokashi Bran is a natural way to keep your plants healthy and reduce the amount of odors around pets and animals. The microbes in Bokashi Bran outcompete odor and putrifying bacteria while helping to break down animals wastes into valuable compost. If you're looking for an all-natural way to keep your plants healthy and your home smelling good, Bokashi Bran is the perfect choice!
"I used some bokashi as a top dressing on my soil the other day. There's already quite a bit of activity growing on the surface. I added some other organic materials too in the top dressing. It seems the bokashi is quickly breaking those down with the help of the mycelium.
I like seeing how active the biology is in the soil! The plants still need more time before I know how they'll respond at different stages though. So far I'm really impressed with the results."
What is Bokashi?
Our Bokashi Bran is a mixture of natural materials and naturally occuring microorganisms, with each batch crafted by hand and fermented in Northern Michigan.
Pets & Animals
Bokashi Bran can be added to animal bedding, chicken coops, manure piles and more to help mitigate unpleasant odors and accelerate the waste decomposition process.
How do I use Bokashi Bran?
Looking to boost the health of your plants and improve your soil? Look no further than Bokashi Bran.
- Indoor composting
- Apply to potted houseplants for plant vigor and growth
- Use when transplanting all types of plants
- Soil building & amending
- Top dressing
- Improve vigor of lawn
- Reduce odors and smells